Better Because Collective
The positive change that you experience after a traumatic event.
Everyone has a story to tell. Our life consists of conflicts, climaxes, and conclusions, like characters in a novel. Stories about post-traumatic growth focus on the positive outcomes of a trauma without denying past distress and ongoing growth. Have you grown because of your mental health experiences? Have you experienced a major turning point that changed you for the better? Let’s work together to tell your story of post-traumatic growth.
Your story will describe how you’ve grown because of what you’ve been through. Your final piece will be between 500 and 1,500 words. But don’t worry, you don’t need to have a polished document to send us. Our experienced editors will help you craft your story. And they’re all people like you. People who have survived trauma.
To get started, send us a message through the form below. All you need to do is write a short summary (at least 300 words) to give us a feel for your story.
Want to Know More? Here’s an overview of our editing process
- We read your submission, then we send an introduction email asking you to sign our contributor agreement.
- After we receive your signed contributor agreement, an editor reviews your story and contacts you with initial feedback.
- The editor helps you craft a 500 to 1,500-word story. Editors offer guidance in a few ways, including: written comments, phone calls, and Zoom meetings.
- Once we have a final draft, we ask for your profile photo, social media handles, a short bio, and a short title for your story.
- We will reach out to you with a link to your published story.
- Then, your story inspires growth and connection!
Can I remain anonymous?
Yes. If you want to remain anonymous, we don’t need a profile photo. We’ll use a custom illustration in its place and write that the story is by Anonymous.
Can I publish my story elsewhere?
Yes, however, we need you to change at least 20 words in your story to ensure it differs from the version on Better Because Collective.
Can I submit multiple story ideas about my post-traumatic growth?
Yes. We allow and encourage contributors to publish multiple stories.